Appointments and availability
- Due to high demand, Open Barbers operate entirely on advance appointments.
- To make a booking please click the ‘Book An Appointment’ button at the top of the page.
- At the moment we are typically booked up around 2 weeks in advance.
- Where enough notice is given, we post news of cancellations as Facebook and Twitter updates.
Cancelling your appointment
- We request 24 hours notice for appointments up to 90 minutes, and 48 hours for appointments longer than 90 minutes.
- With 24 / 48 hours notice, you can cancel or move your appointment by clicking on the link on your original booking confirmation email and text message.
- With less than 24 / 48 hours notice, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call / text +44(0)7546 017849 to let us know if you need to cancel your appointment and we will endeavour to fill it. We don’t always pick up messages on social media.
- For cancellations less than 24 / 48 hours in advance that we are unable to fill, we email clients kindly requesting a donation to cover our losses.
Services we offer
- We welcome all genders and cut any hair length and type. See our Team pageÂ for who does what, or more generally ourÂ Services & Prices page.
- Ori Hair Care Afro textured hair types of all lengths. Email Ori Hair Care directly for consultation on their services at email@example.com
- Mable specialises only in colour. Email Mable directly for consultation and help with bookings: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Greygory offers London based home haircuts for those who are unable to travel to the shop. Contact Greygory at email@example.comÂ or on +44(0)7546 017849Â to enquire or book.
- All other bookings can be made online through our booking site.
Our Sliding Scale Pricing Policy
We operate on a sliding scale payment system, which means that we ask people to pay what they can in accordance with their means. We believe that everyone has the right to a welcoming, quality hair service regardless of their affluence, and we recognise that many people in our client base are subject to many forms of discrimination and struggle that prevent them from being able to meet the basic cost of living in London. Instead we invite clients to join us in a community approach to pricing when those who earn more, pay more, so that those who donâ€™t earn much or at all pay what they can and are not excluded from our space.
We take both cash and card payments. We support clients to operate the till themselves so that everyone can have some discretion around how much they can afford, and we trust clients to be fair and honest in the process. We have not experienced any problems working this way which is wonderful!
All appointments up to 60 minutes are charged at a sliding scale of Â£2 â€“ 50 (Â£10 – Â£50 for up to 90 minutes) and clients are invited to pay what they feel they can afford. As a guide, our break even point is Â£15 per hour and our average payment is around Â£22 per hour.
Appointments longer than 90 minutes still operate on an increased sliding scale system depending on how long is required for the service. The sliding scale range for these appointments are listed with each service when you book.
Our home visits follow the same pricing system as above, and travel expenses and any costs not covered by the client are subsidised through our Patreon scheme. Weâ€™d love your support if you feel able to contribute.
How do I give feedback?
- You can contact us by email, text message, phone or visit in person to speak to a member of our team. Your first point of contact might be your stylist or Greygory Vass, Director.
- You can post feedback on Google Reviews or social media sites (we use Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr and Twitter.)
- We have an anonymousÂ online feedback formÂ and a suggestions box in the salon.
- We have a Safer Spaces Policy that we review regularly.
- We have a Complaints Procedure you can follow.
Media and events
If you work for the media or want us to come to an event please see our dedicatedÂ Media and Events page.